One of Hawaii's premier snorkeling destinations.
64' Custom SeaRunner/Cutter rigged sailing catamaran
Built: 2010, Schooner Creek Boat Works, Portland, OR
Sails: 1,950 sq/ft working sails
Specs: 64' x 32', Draft @ DWL 5'
Capacity: Normal working capacity 60 passengers
Crew: Captain, 1st Mate, 2nd Mate, Deckhand
Other Info: Twin 350 hp Yanmar turbo diesel full electronics, covered cabin, netting forward & aft, two heads, large galley, cushioned seating inside and outside.
For many, to snorkel Molokini crater is a "must-do" on their Maui vacation. But, with so many boats to choose from, why choose Trilogy? For starters, we are one of the few real sailing trips, and Ma'alaea Bay is one of the great flat water sailing destinations* in Hawaii. Next, we take 40-50 guests while the big power cats can average 125-149 passengers. That should be reason enough to go with Trilogy, but there's more! We also go to two snorkeling sites rather than just one. Not only does this give our guests additional variety, it's our way of avoiding some of the crowds. We provide all snorkel equipment including instruction and wetsuits. We also offer the option to try the new exciting sport of SNUBA**! With both an early 6:30 am and a later 8:00 am departure*** to choose from, sailing with Trilogy is easier than ever! Finally, while it's tough to beat Mom's homemade cinnamon rolls baked fresh daily at Trilogy's kitchen or Capt. Coon's BBQ'd teriyaki chicken cooked by your captain for lunch, what really sets Trilogy apart is the personal attention each of our guests receive. I guess that's the main reason Trilogy guests are so loyal and come back sailing with us year after year. And they have been doing just that for over 40 years! If you haven't already, isn't it time you became part of the Trilogy family?
Included with Tour
- Snorkeling equipment and personal instruction
- 2 Molokini snorkel sites for variety and to avoid the crowd
- Whale Watching December - April
- Free wetsuit tops for everyone on board
- Breakfast with Mom's homemade cinnamon rolls & fresh fruit
- Trilogy's famous teriyaki BBQ chicken lunch
- Personal attention to each one of our guests
* Trilogy tours to Molokini depart from Ma'alaea Harbor which makes it a brief and enjoyable trip to the crater area. Ma'alaea Harbor is an optimal launching site for boats going to Molokini. While some boats leave from Lahaina Harbor, if you launch from Ma'alaea you avoid having to take a long, rough ride back to Lahaina after your snorkel or SNUBA. Since tradewinds often come up in the afternoon, the seas are often rougher during this time when the boat is making its return voyage, and so the shorter trip to Ma'alaea is highly preferable. ** The optional SNUBA upgrade is for one dive site. Occasionally, depending on availability and weather conditions, we may offer a second SNUBA dive for an additional $40. If you are interested in this additional SNUBA dive, please ask your crew member if it is available. *** The morning hours are usually the best time for snorkeling at Molokini.
Please meet our Trilogy crew member in front of the restaurant "Buzz's Wharf". You will be directed to a parking location and the slip-# at that time. $5 parking is available at Maui Ocean Center for the day or there is free parking along Ma'alaea Harbor. Please note this trip departs out of Ma'alaea Harbor. If you are using GPS please use the following address: 101 Ma'alaea Boat Harbor Road, Wailuku, Hawaii 96793.
Check-in: 7:30 am at Ma'alaea Harbor. Drive to the front of Buzz's Wharf Restaurant & meet our Trilogy crew member who will direct you to the closest parking location.
Departure: ~ 8:00 am from Ma'alaea Harbor.
Breakfast: Mom Coon's 4th generation recipe cinnamon rolls, fresh seasonal fruit, fresh brewed Kona coffee, tea, hot cocoa & pineapple juice.
Lunch: Teriyaki grilled chicken, fresh tossed green salad with Mom's secret dressing, luau rice and Hawaiian sweet rolls. This is a first class luncheon experience with meals served on dinner plates and silverware. Vegetarian lunch available, please request when booking your reservation. A wide assortment of non-alcoholic beverages are available throughout the day.
~2:00 at Ma'alaea Harbor
Bring your swimsuits, towels, and sun protection along with a light jacket or sweatshirt for the early morning. We recommend wearing deck shoes or rubber-soled shoes.
For groups larger than 10, consider a Private Charter
Blue Aina reef cleanup program - Trilogy parters with Surfrider Foundation to clean-up reefs around Maui
Maintaining day use mooring - For all boats in Maui county (helps save the reefs)
Assisting Whale sanctuary & NOAA - Stranding network and whale entanglements
Eliminating overboard discharge - Trilogy is the first company in Hawaii to retrofit its boats to pump all waste onshore
Our Trilogy family takes seriously the responsibility of supporting our local Maui community and has a strong commitment to preserving our ocean and island environment. Learn more about Trilogy's involvement with the Community & Environment.
"“Great snorkel and sail!!!!” We had the best snorkel and sail on Trilogy V... The captain and the crew were fantastic!!!!! I cannot say enough about how wonderful the service was." - casey1179